In this segment from the Brave New Films documentary "Koch Brothers Exposed", Senator Bernie Sanders discusses the different ways the Kochs have spread misinformation about Social Security with the intent of privatization.
The documentary establishes ethos right away by using a prominent, knowledgeable person for their argument (Senator Bernie Sanders). It also effectively displays logos by being structured logically and using hard evidence (example/proof>>conclusion). For each of the three points that the Koch Brothers have used in their argument on Social Security, the documentary shows tons of examples of pundits, politicians, etc who have been bankrolled by the brothers echoing their opinion on various media outlets.
Also of note, the not so subtle dramatic music and sound effects adds a dash of pathos for your viewing pleasure! I think this excerpt from the documentary is pretty successful in proving that the Koch Brothers have a vested interest in controlling public opinion of the state of Social Security. They've manufactured reports to reiterate the idea that it is failing in a push for privatization (in other words, investing the funds on Wall Street instead), which of course benefits them the most.
Also of note, the not so subtle dramatic music and sound effects adds a dash of pathos for your viewing pleasure! I think this excerpt from the documentary is pretty successful in proving that the Koch Brothers have a vested interest in controlling public opinion of the state of Social Security. They've manufactured reports to reiterate the idea that it is failing in a push for privatization (in other words, investing the funds on Wall Street instead), which of course benefits them the most.
I really liked your post because many of us do not think that social security issues affect us at the moment but, it will in the future. The decisions we make now can have life changing effects if we do not make informed decisions.
ReplyDeleteI thought your video was an interesting choice. It's frightening to think how much money can dictate the messages we hear on the news and from politicians.
ReplyDeleteI thought your blog contained valuable information and the video was absolutely frightening. It is scary how money can be used to propagate misinformation and create fear, fear that can lead to devastating action.
ReplyDeleteAs a Bernie Sanders' fan, I especially liked your choice of video! I thought the video was informative and convincing. The more I hear about the Koch Brothers, the scarier they sound. When a few people can wield so much power and influence, it threatens our democracy. I also thought Brandy offered a very clear analysis of the video.
ReplyDeleteAs a Bernie Sanders' fan, I especially liked your choice of video! I thought the video was informative and convincing. The more I hear about the Koch Brothers, the scarier they sound. When a few people can wield so much power and influence, it threatens our democracy. I also thought Brandy offered a very clear analysis of the video.
ReplyDelete